This Saturday (April 19th) there will be lots of family-friendly activities going on at the Delray GreenMarket. Between the 60+ vendors, the13th Annual Easter Bonnet Pet parade and an Earth Day celebration with the City of Delray, there will be no shortage of (green) outdoor festivities to keep everyone busy – children, parents, grandparents and even your pets! All are welcome and the events are free to attend.
Here’s just some of the reasons why you should come out to Old School Square Park:
1. The 60+ vendors. Need we say more? There is no shortage of variety at the Market. Everything from organic veggies, natural shea butter, spices from around the globe, gluten-free items and more!
2. Furry Friends. The 13th Annual Easter Bonnet Pet parade starts at 10 a.m. in front of the amphitheater at the Big Top. So swing into the spirit of spring and bring out your pets (goats, pigs and other pets are all welcome) or be a spectator and watch as they parade in their best, pastel attire around town.
3. Dezzy’s Second Chance Rescue: A donation of $3 from all parade participants will benefit this local animal rescue group (and they will have adoptable pets too!) Click here to learn more about this organization.
4. Cultural experience: Earth Day will be marked with a Native American Earth blessing. How many times can you say you have seen attend such an event with the chance to learn more about Native American culture?
5. Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Display: Delray is all about being “green” and this car show will highlight energy efficiency.
6. Activities for the kiddies (and kids at heart): Chalk art, face-painting, arts and crafts along with The Budding Artists booth will keep everyone entertained all day long.
The GreenMarket will be open from 9-2 p.m. with the registration for the parade beginning at 9 a.m. and the parade commencing at 10 a.m . Earth Day activities will begin at 10 a.m. until noon at the Old School Square Park. See you there!